The National Anzac Centre has several volunteering opportunities available and always welcomes expressions of interest from those wishing to become part of our tight knit volunteer team. Volunteers form a very important part of the experience we offer our visitors. We have opportunities for everyone including school aged children, university students, people currently in the workforce and retirees!
Some of the benefits of volunteering at the National Anzac Centre include:
- Being part of one of Australia's most significant cultural experiences
- Meeting new people and gaining new skills and expertise
- Meet visitors from all over Australia and the World
- Free tea/coffee and light refreshments when on shift
- Work alongside the skilled National Anzac Centre team in delivering a visitor experience of international standard
Some of the roles volunteers undertake within the precicnt include:
- Visitor information and assistance
- Curatorial projects
- Events and special occasions
- Gun firing crew
- Tour guiding
- Visitor transfers
- Cruise ship greetings
We are currently seeking the following volunteer positions:
Tour Guide Volunteer - To apply complete the form below and select 'Guided Vehicle Tours'
This position involves providing a guided tour of the Albany Heritage Park whilst transporting visitors in a van. Applicants must hold a current Australian drivers licence.
Visitor Information Volunteer - To apply complete the form below and select 'Visitor Information'
This position involves providing advice and information to visitors about the site at both the National Anzac Centre and the Princess Royal Fortress.